Saturday 14 June 2014

Success : It's overnight or long marathon run

After graduating from college or university for almost two years, main issue that goes around my mind is am I success? or just suck. I believe everybody had their own definition of success but differ for everyone. After two years, what shown that somebody had already success? He or she had a stable job with high salary, had your own business, serve as government servant or get married? 




Everyone just had their own long term and short term success standard that he or she want to achieve. For long term just to being rich or live in peaceful mind or become a successful writer or own a big chain retail shop in country. For short term just hit monthly income, get promoted, or event get a good meals at favorite restaurant. Up to us to choose as long as us happy.


My believe is that success and journey is a good partner and both of them can't be separate from each others. Why I mention like that? What is my proof. Lets take an example, we always heard that a successful businessman tell us about his successful and followed by his journey from A to Z. 

Same when a biography book launch at bookstore, just take it and have a good look, it's all about the writer success life and his journey. Just look at our parents, the most successful person in our life and the world. They had countless successful story to be told and come along with countless journey that will bring tears of joy or pain. Believe me that everybody is unique.

The next issue is how long it take for us to achieve it. Let say I want to become a successful businessman, how long it take for me to make it real. Today or tomorrow or next week or next month or next year or 30 year later. We have to put it in our mind that its not a race because to get it we don't have to compete with others. 

We bear different definition of success. How we want to compete when everything is different. Its a good practice to sprint on the start? Well, I don't had that answer but It isn't wrong to sprint. Just slow down when tired and continue when its need to do so. Just don't stop. Keep in mind, no matter how far your goal don't stop until you reach it.

*I'm not yet success and keep running on my feet. When I am tired just sit down for a while and take a deep breath and continue my journey.
**I always pray you success in what you do, my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment