Saturday 21 June 2014

The Hawker Stall : Taste of Life

Money was important things in our life. Without money we can't buy anything but it's true that money can't buy everything. For myself money was a compulsory thing in our life. It's included in to do list in our life. We need money but please remember that only money was compulsory not wealth. Wealth was a choice. We can choose that we want to wear expensive brand clothes or just normal brand clothes. We can choose that we want to dine in luxury restaurant or small restaurant.

This was a hawker stall that can be seen everywhere in the city in Malaysia.  

For somebody that comfortable with luxury lifestyle, maybe this type of stall was not on their list to dine. Yeah, it's true the stall a little bit dirty and look not comfortable. But the hawker stall has taught me so much thing. Eat with what you had and continue like that even I get rich. I admit, I still go to a fine restaurant on important day but hawker stall still be my choice. 

This was Abdul Karim Pakir, 91 years old. He sold noodles and rojak in the stall for 30 years.
One more thing that's unique with the small hawker stall was that they cook with all they got not by the skill that they earn from cooking academy or university. Until todays, the taste of the food from any hawker stall that I had stepped my foot in wasn't disappointed at all. 

Money is compulsory but how we spend is our choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment